Saint John, St Stephen, St George, St Andrews, The Fundy Isles, Fredericton, Woodstock Nakawic
Summer in New Brunswick!
So many excellent adventures await.
We’ve mapped out fun things to do, cool places to stay and great food and drink options in the South West.
Help share the LOVE of LOCAL New Brunswick by sharing this blog.
The South West is packed full of adventures for you and your family with two of the province’s biggest cities offering fun things to do and great food.
Black Point Lookout, Fundy Trail Parkway. (Photo Fundy Trail)
Take a drive on the ocean floor to get to Ministers Island in St Andrews and hike the 7 km loop around the island. How cool is that! Enjoy spectacular ocean views on a trail that is rated for all skill levels.
Ministers Island, St Andrews (Photo Wikipedia, Parkerjh)
WALKING TOURS, MUSEUMS
International Sculpture Trail, Saint John
Paddle & Pint Tour, Second Nature Adventures
Gallery 78, Fredericton
Ganong Chocolate Museum, St. Stephen
Quilli’s Water Park, Upper Kingsclear
Worlds Largest Axe, Nackawic (Photo Destination Nackawic)
Hampton Town Hall, Hampton
Ever wanted to visit one of those towns in the Hallmark movies? That is Hampton, NB, a dreamy, peaceful community that is off the beaten path.
The Creek Village Gallery & Café is as much a local artisan boutique as a café offering home cooked fair. They pride themselves on their selection of NB products from paintings, to jewelry, to pottery and hand crafted wood products.
Creek Village Gallery Café, Woodstock
- International Sculpture Trail (Saint John)
- Second Nature Outdoors (Fredericton & Oromocto)
- The Beaverbrook Art Gallery (Fredericton)
- Gallery 78 (Fredericton)
- NB Sports Hall of Fame (Fredericton)
- NB Military History Museum (Oromocto)
- New Brunswick Museum (Saint John)
- Ganong Chocolate Museum (Saint Stephen)
- World’s Largest Axe (Nakawick)
- Quilli’s Water Park (Upper Kingsclear)
- Creek Village Gallery & Café (Woodstock)
FOOD & DRINK
Saint John Alehouse, Saint John
Kingsbrae Garden Café, St. Andrews
Kingsbrae Garden Café offers delicious food and specialty drinks, all set in one of the most beautiful gardens in the province.
For fine dining, visit the Rossmount Inn, known for its creative cuisine that uses in-season, local ingredients.
Trailway Brewing Co., Fredericton
Big Axe Brewery, Nackawic
Foghorn Brewing Company, Rothesay
Niche Brewing, Fredericton
Stop by the craft breweries and distilleries in the area for some of the tastiest beverages and inspiring tales of how they got into business.
- Graystone Brewing (Fredericton)
- Grimross Brewing ( Fredericton )
- Mama’s Brew Pub (Fredericton)
- Maybee Brew Co. (Fredericton)
- Picaroons Traditional Ales (Fredericton)
- Red Rover Craft Cider (Fredericton)
- Trailway Brewing Co. (Fredericton)
- York County Cider (Fredericton)
- Niche Brewing (Fredericton)
- Big Axe Brewery (Nackawic)
- 3 Flip Brewing (Douglas)
- Off Grid Ales (Harvey)
- Foghorn Brewing Company (Rothesay)
- Hammond River Brewing Company (Rothesay)
- Long Bay Brewery (Rothesay)
- Loyalist City Brewing Co. (Rothesay)
- Moosehead (Saint John)
- Big Tide Brewing (Saint John)
- Seize the Day Distillery (Gagetown)
- Devil’s Keep Distillery (Fredericton)
- Gage Town Distillery (Gagetown)
- Big fiddle Still (Harvey Station)
- Dunham’s Run (Kingston)